Fox Flight Inc. Privacy Statement
You can visit our site and access unrestricted areas without revealing your identity. Our Web server may collect the name, address, the IP address and domain you used to access our Site, the type and version of browser and operating system you are using, and the web site you came from and visit next.
We will not disclose the personal information that we collect from you for accessing our Web site unless required to do so by law including by an order of any court.
Fox Flight Inc. employees are instructed to treat personal information with utmost care and respect and in accordance with the Privacy laws applicable in the Province of Ontario. Fox Flight Inc. employees who are found to misuse personal information may be subject to disciplinary action. Fox Flight Inc. will use all reasonable means to protect your personal information; however, we will not be held responsible for any improper use of your personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
Please contact our Privacy Officer if you have any questions about this privacy statement. We welcome your comments and suggestions for improvements.
On behalf of Fox Flight Inc, thank you for visiting our website.
David Fox, R.N., BaaN, BSc.N.
President & CEO
At Fox Flight Air Ambulance Inc. we take the privacy of our clients seriously and we are committed to maintaining the highest standard of privacy when collecting, transferring and storing personal client information. This policy outlines how Fox Flight collects, transfers and stores personal client information and spells out the client’s rights with respect to any personal information they share with the company when engaging the company’s services or visiting the company website.
This policy sets out the following:
- Client information Fox Flight collects and how it is collected
- How Fox Flight uses client information
- The legal basis for collecting client information
- Who Fox Flight shares client information with and why
- How Fox Flight transfers client information
- Why Fox Flight retains client information
- How Fox Flight stores client information and for how long
- Client rights and options related to personal information held by Fox Flight
- How to contact Fox Flight with questions related to this policy or personal information held by the company
- This policy also contains information about how “cookies” are used on this website
Client information Fox Flight collects and how it is collected
Fox Flight strives to ensure that the personal client information it collects is at all times adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it is collected. Fox Flight also strives to ensure that all client information is recorded accurately at the time of collection and that any inaccurate information is erased or rectified as soon as it is discovered.
What personal information does Fox Flight collect?
Information that the client provides voluntarily
In order to provide high quality medical repatriation services in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in every jurisdiction where the company operates, Fox Flight must ask clients to provide personal information. This includes, amongst other things, their name, gender, date of birth, passport number, contact information and banking information. The reasons why the client is asked to provide this information will be made clear by a Fox Flight representative when the information is collected.
It is important to note that in order to provide appropriate medical repatriation services for its clients, Fox Flight must collect sensitive personal information related to the client’s current physical and mental health and health history.
Information collected automatically
When you visit the Fox Flight website, the company may collect certain electronic data automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area (EEA), this data may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, electronic data collected automatically through the company website may include your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical data. Fox Flight may also collect data about how your device has interacted with our website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this data allows the company to better understand how visitors use the website, where they come from, and what content on the site is of interest to them. The company uses this information for internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of the company website for visitors.
Some of this electronic data may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology. This will be explained further under the heading “Cookies” below.
Information obtained from third-party sources
In the course of providing medical repatriation services to its clients, Fox Flight sometimes receives personal client information from third-party sources. These include, but are not limited to, the attending physician, the sending hospital or care facility, other medical personnel, co-operating repatriation services and family members or travelling companions of the client. Fox Flight only collects client information from third parties that have the consent of the client to provide the necessary information or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose personal client information.
For example, if you are an individual who is obtaining services from us via one of our corporate customers, such as a travel provider, we may obtain data about you from your travel provider in order to help provide the Service. For information about how your travel provider uses and shares your personal data, please refer to the travel provider’s own privacy statement.
In the course of providing medical repatriation services for its clients, Fox Flight may also collect personal information from the following sources:
- Travel service providers
- Travel health insurance providers
- Government agencies
- Medical personnel
How Fox Flight uses client information
Fox Flight uses personal client information in order to carry out the following tasks directly related to providing medical repatriation services:
- To set up a new client account
- To set up payment options and accept payment
- To communicate with the client, their family and traveling companions
- To communicate and consult with the attending physician and medical team
- To communicate with the Fox Flight medical team
- To co-ordinate with the client’s travel insurance provider
- To co-ordinate with the sending hospital or care facility
- To co-ordinate with co-operating repatriation providers
- To co-ordinate with various Customs services
- To comply with all legal, Customs and regulatory obligations
- To defend or prosecute legal claims
- To investigate or prosecute fraud
- To respond to client enquiries
- For general administrative purposes
The legal basis for collecting personal client information
Fox Flight has the legal right to collect, transfer and store personal client information in the following cases:
- Where the information is required in order for Fox Flight to provide services
- Where the information is required to safeguard the client’s legitimate best interests
- Where the information is required to safeguard Fox Flight’s legitimate best interests
- Where the collection, transfer and storage of the requested client information is not in conflict with the client’s data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
- Where the information is collected, transferred and stored with the client’s written consent
In some cases, Fox Flight may use personal client information to satisfy a legal obligation — e.g. in order to complete ‘know your customer’ and money laundering checks before accepting the client. If Fox Flight requires certain personal information in order to comply with a legal requirement or to initiate a contract for services, the client will be informed of this at the relevant time. Fox Flight will also advise the client whether or not the provision of certain personal information is mandatory, as well as the possible consequences of not providing that information. Clients are under no obligation to provide personal information to Fox Flight. However, if the client should choose to withhold requested information, Fox Flight reserves the right to refuse to provide services.
Similarly, if Fox Flight requests client information in pursuance of its own legitimate interests and obligations (or those of any third party), it will be made clear to the client at the relevant time what those legitimate interests and obligations are.
If the client is travelling to or from the EEA, Fox Flight’s legal basis for collecting and using the client’s personal information will depend on the information concerned and the specific context in which it is collected. With respect to UK residents, Fox Flight may collect and use personal information, including sensitive personal information, on the basis of the substantial public interest of insurance purposes, as regulated in the UK Data Protection Act of 2018.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which Fox Flight collects and uses personal client information, please contact the company using the contact details provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Who Fox Flight shares client information with and why
In order for Fox Flight to provide medical repatriation services for the client, it may be necessary for the company to disclose personal client information to the following categories of recipients:
- Any attending physicians, additional medical personnel and Fox Flight medical team members directly involved in providing care
- Any flight crew members and dispatch personnel directly involved in providing repatriation services to the client
- Any third-party service providers directly involved in the provision of repatriation services to the client
- Any competent law enforcement body; regulatory, Customs or government agency; court or other third party to which Fox Flight believes disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish, or defend the company’s legal rights, or (iii) to protect the client’s vital interests or those of any other person
- Any potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger, or acquisition of any part of the company, provided that Fox Flight informs the buyer that it must use personal client information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- Any other person who receives the client’s consent to the disclosure
How Fox Flight transfers client information
Fox Flight specializes in international patient transfers. As a logical consequence of this fact, personal client information is routinely transferred to, and processed in, countries other than Canada, where Fox Flight is based, or the country in which the client is resident. These countries may have data protection laws that differ from laws in force in Canada and in the client’s home country.
Why Fox Flight retains client information
Fox Flight retains personal client information for the following reasons:
- Whenever such retention is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the client
- Whenever such retention is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of another person
- Whenever such retention is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of Fox Flight Inc.
- To comply with all applicable laws and regulations
How Fox Flight stores client information and for how long
Fox Flight places great importance on the security of all personal client information. The company has put security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of all client data and information under its control.
Any client information collected by Fox Flight in hard copy form before, during and after a patient transfer is held in a secure record-keeping facility in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Any client information collected by Fox Flight in digital form before, during and after a patient transfer is stored in the company’s digital database which resides on servers supported and secured by a multi-national, third-party digital services provider. Fox Flight uses Secured Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt all financial information. (need to clarify this)
Fox Flight’s security and technology policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary, and only authorised personnel have access to client information. While Fox Flight cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration of client data will not occur, the company makes every reasonable effort to prevent this from occurring.
Fox Flight retains all relevant client information related to each patient transfer it completes for a period of seven (7) years, in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations.
Client rights and options related to personal information held by Fox Flight
Fox Flight responds to all requests the company receives from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Fox Flight clients may exercise their rights in relation to their personal information by contacting the email address listed in the “Contacts” section at the bottom of this page.
GDPR compliance:Fox Flight has updated its Privacy Policies to comply with the requirements of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is the European Union data protection law that went into effect May 25, 2018.
If the client is an EEA resident, or Fox Flight’s services are provided in the EEA, the client’s rights under GDPR are as follows:
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- the right to withdraw consent
- If a client wishes to access, correct, update, or request deletion of their personal information retained by Fox Flight, they will be asked to provide a copy of any two of the following documents to confirm identity: Driver’s Licence; Passport; Birth Certificate; Bank Statement (from the last three months); or Utility Bill (from the last three months). With regard to the client’s right of access, the first access request will be complied with free of charge, but additional requests may be subject to a reasonable fee.
- In addition, if the client is a resident of the European Union, they can object to the processing of their personal information, ask the company to restrict processing of their personal information, or request portability of their personal information.
- Even if Fox Flight has collected and processed personal information with the client’s consent, the client can withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing consent will not affect the lawfulness of any information processing conducted prior to the withdrawal of consent, nor will it affect the processing of client information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Clients have the right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of their personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
The Fox Flight website uses “cookies” (a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites) to distinguish one user from another, to track browsing patterns, and to build profiles of how visitors use the site. This helps the company to provide visitors to its site with a good user experience and to improve on that experience. Fox Flight does not mandate that visitors allow for cookies in order to access the site.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
Contact Fox Flight
200 Evans Avenue, Ste. 201